Saturday, April 2, 2011

First Post...

If you are one of the 3 people reading this post (Hi, Mom!) you might be wondering what this is all about.  If you don't know me, you might want to know why I am doing this.  The short answer... because I can.  The long answer is not nearly as succinct or as easy to identify, but I will give it a shot.

 In 2009, I took the 50 Book Challenge to see if I could read 50 books in one year.  I did it with very little problem.  So this year, I thought I would try to read 100 books.  I was doing really well with 15 books in the first two months of the year.  I enjoyed posting the titles on my Facebook and getting feedback from my friends.  Then I started realizing that I wasn't enjoying what I was reading.  If what I was reading was short, I felt like I was cheating.  If it was usually long, I might decide to not to read it.  No matter what I was reading, I was more worried about how many pages I read than in how much I was enjoying it.  And if I didn't like it?  I kept up with it just so I wouldn't mess up my numbers.

About the only thing I was really enjoying was when my friends commented on my Facebook posts.  I love discussing books.  So I decided to change my focus from reading to reviewing.  Mostly this blog will be book reviews and occasionally blog reviews.  Every now and then, sometimes more than that, I will be posting about whatever floats through my brain.  I hope you enjoy and comment.  This will be a much more interesting experiment if I am not alone with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment